Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April Krop with Kim Crafting Retreat Recap

Hello friends!

This past Saturday, I held my April Krop with Kim crafting retreat and I wanted to share the details with you.

Every month I choose a color to be the "theme" of our day and April's color was Daffodil Delight.  I just love that color so much and it was so easy to do lots of cute things with it.

Before I get in to the details, here's a peek at the room we meet in.  All those huge windows provide FABULOUS natural light for crafting!  (And the view is pretty great too!)


Each person had their own reserved space with goodies waiting for them.  I also set up a "make and take table" for my guest to use to make their make and take projects for the day.  Here's a peek at that table:


I'll share the actual make and take projects with you tomorrow, so be sure to check back!  Now ... let's take a peek at all the goodies the ladies had waiting for them:


As you can see, I had a pretty good time with my inspiration color this month!  Everything at this space was for my guests to keep.   Let's look at all the details.  

Each guest had a name card waiting for them:


This month was the first month I issued a "Kim's Kollectable" purse charm and I just love the idea!  Every month, my guests get a purse charm they can hang on their purse or craft bag that coordinates with the theme for that month.  Here's the April Kim's Kollectable charm:


I had an idea that I wanted to give my guests lemon scented sugar scrub, so I reached out to my friend Quinn (QuinnEssentials on Facebook) to help me make some.  Not only did she help me make some sugar scrubs, but she also made my guests some cute little lemon scented soaps!  She's awesome and the ladies really liked those added goodies.  Here's a picture of the sugar scrub, soaps and their little trash can for their craft spot:


I wanted to provide a beverage for the ladies to enjoy during their crafting time and these cute little holders went perfectly with my theme this month.  I just tucked a little packet of Crystal Light lemonade in there.  So cute!


Finally, I mentioned that there were make and takes.  I provided three cards for the ladies to make.  I always like to type out some instructions for them (including helpful tips) and then I like to package their make and takes up in a cute little package.  Here's the instructions cover page:


And here's the cute little package of make and take supplies.  (Try not to take note of the less-than-perfect coloring job on the letters .... I had a little 8 year old helper who might not be as much of a perfectionist as his mother).




Well .... that's it!  It was a really great day and I believe the ladies had a really enjoyable time.  (I know I did!)  I'll be posting details on my May Crafting Retreat soon (think "new catalog sneak peek").  Tomorrow I'll have our make and take projects up for you to check out.

Until next time, here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very blessed day!

Kim






No comments:

Post a Comment